Monday, October 27, 2008

A few exciting tidbits!

I just have a few things to note. Not much new going on in the process but the other day I went home for lunch and there was a box by my back door. I knew that I had not ordered anything so I had no idea what it was. As I opened it it was filled with baby items! My dear and wonderful friend Ashley had sent me a "box of fun" in her words. She had sent us a box of goodies to add to our baby box. It made my day and was just so encouraging. Thanks Ashley, you are truly the best and I love ya! That meant so much to me.

Also we are having an adoption fund yardsale in 2 weeks. We have been so blessed to have people that have already donated to the yardsale. My mama wrote a poem for the newspaper advertisement:

ADOPTION FUND YARD SALE!!!!

Saturday, Nov. 8
8am-2pm
Rentz family home
437 Sunrise Dr.

We're trying to raise funds
to adopt a "bundle of joy".
To us it does not matter
if it is a girl or a boy.
Stop by and see us...
buy something to own.
Every single dollar made
will help bring our child home!
We are praying and thanking God in advance for a good turnout at the yardsale because it could really help jumpstart the adoption process.
Last, Benji applied for Family Medical Leave today. He has been granted FML for a year. That means that anything to do with the adoption is excused at work. That doesn't not mean that it's paid but it is an excused absence.
So not much going on but a few exciting tid bits that needed to be noted.

No comments: