Monday, February 15, 2010

Counting the days

So, this waiting thing is only getting harder. I really try to not allow myself to think about it much. If I do, I will drive myself slap nuts. I have never liked the unknown very much. "Unknowns" don't fit very well with a slightly OCD (only kidding, I really don't think I am all that OCD...I just like certain things certain ways, HA!!), planner that tries to be very proactive with things, like myself. I wish that I just knew something. Just a little morsel of info that would help me prepare a little better, like how old will our child be? Will it be a girl or a boy? A closer time frame? Will we get one or two? These unknowns are making me feel like a crazy person at times.
I do have one source of comfort in this crazy process....my desk calender. I know that sounds insane. However, each day, I come into work and put a big "X" across the previous day. I sit back and think to myself "that is one day closer to bringing home our baby/babies". No, I am not trying to wish my life away here, I promise. But just to know that each day that passes is one day closer to getting our family home just makes me smile. I love coming in on Mondays and getting to cross out 3 whole days...it makes it seem like such a big leap to get to our "Gotcha" day. It is like Christmas to tear a month off the calender and start a whole new month:)

No comments: