Thursday, May 26, 2011

One clingy Mama

Yep...I am clingy! I admit it. I hate, despise, loate, dread being away from my kids. I am working 3 days a week right now and that is my limit. By the time the 5 o'clock whistle blows, I am beyond ready to get back to my lil' fellas. They are fine without me, heck, I don't know that they really even miss me all that bad as they are either with their daddy or my mama.

I am just not ready to be away from them any more than I absolutely have to be. I feel like I have waited so long to get them, and I have missed so much of their lives already. I don't want to miss one more second.

Last night, I caved and let my parents take them to dinner so that the boys could meet some of their friends. Let me tell ya, that was the longest hour and 43 mins of my life (not that I was counting). It was the first dinner that we have eaten in 3 months without hearing our little ones say the blessing. Do let me tell you, I have no intentions of another for quite some time;)

I know that it will get better in time. There will soon come a day that I will be begging to have just 5 minutes of peace and quiet. The way I figure it, we waited for about 7 years to hear little ones in the house. Now I want to hear them all day every day. Am I abnormal or a little
obsessive? Perhaps! But it works for me:)

On a sidenote: Daniel has been having a lot of "moments" lately. He has these periods where he cries and cries. They have been happening mostly at night but some during the day. He keeps repeating "Daniel home forever and ever and ever. No Russia. Daniel, Mama, Daddy, Noah together at home". We have to sit with him hug him and love on him and keep telling him over and over that he is home and he never ever has to go back to Russia. Every time we have on of these talks I sing him the lyrics to Sugarland's "Stuck like Glue". It always makes him smile and I tell him it is our song. To my knowledge he has not actually heard Sugarland sing it..only my horrific and screechy rendition. Well, tonight we were playing outside and Benji had cut the radio on. The song came on and it didn't even occur to me what was playing. Daniel stopped and said "Mama! Music!" and I said "Yeah, the music is on". Daniel said, "No mommy, our song". I was shocked that he recognized it. Guess I sound more like Jennifer Nettles then I thought... NOT:):):) None the less. I am stuck like glue to my youngins!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Love this post!! You are not crazy or obsessive :) My kids spent the night with my mom last night and I desperately needed a night off! However, I woke up at 6:50 this morning and was ready to go get them! LOL!

One of my favorite qoutes "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”

It is so true because whenever they are away from you, that is exactly what it feels like!

sonflowerjax said...

Oh, how precious!!! I totally understand!! I heard Toby MAC's "just a little bit longer" so.g on my way to drop Landon off at my friend's house, who watches him, while I was at work. I just cried singing it thinking, two more weeks, and ill be home everyday with you(so thankful for the summer off!) I think our boys will be all the better having had clingy mamas who just can't get enough!!