Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dedication and Birthday Party

This past Sunday we dedicated our boys and had their birthday party. Yes, the party was a little late but we really wanted all of our family there and we waiting so that out of town guests could make it.
My Mama had a beautiful flower arrangement placed in the church in honor of the boys for their dedication and my daddy made bulletins with their pictures and a paragraph from our blog. They were awesome, it just made the dedication all the more special.
My sister made a slideshow of our adoption journey and our music pastor sang "When love takes you in" while the slideshow played. I had Daniel in my lap and I swear by the time the slideshow and song was over, poor little Daniel's head was full of tears and snot.
Our Pastor did an amazing job on the dedication and Uncle Mickey (Benji's bro) closed it out in prayer. Pretty much everyone in both of our families were there for the dedication, as well as several close friends that are like family...which was the icing on top of the cake. We can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support that we felt from everyone. The dedication could not have been more special and perfect to us. It was just a treasured moment in this amazing journey.

After the dedication service, we did a Zoo themed birthday party for the boys. Thank you so much for all that helped. A big thanks to my sister who worked her tail feathers off to help me get it all together. The party was perfect and the boys had a blast. We are so blessed to have such awesome family and friends that have supported us like no other on this journey. It is journeys such as this that you really see where your real support system is...and you really see just how blessed that you are.

Here are a few pics from the day. Thank heavens my cousin came with a camera or else I just may not have had any pics. Thank you Erin! I'll get more pics from her and hopefully post later. Here are a few for now:

The dedication


Daddy and his boys (Mama's fave pic ever!)


Present time


The Candy Buffet and cake table


Blowing out the candles













2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Oh, Shanon, your day sounds and looks like it was an amazing culmination to an amazing journey! God is so good, and blesses us with such wonderful support.:0) can't wait to keep reading in these months ahead! The boys look like they're doin great!!

Erin W said...

Hi New friend! Actually, I just ran across your blog looking for Zoo themed birthday pictures. Funny enough I am planning a Zoo themed party for my 2 year old too. If that isn't enough to make us new friends, my husband and I are also starting the adoption process. Feel free to come visit me.

I can't wait to follow along.

www.everbrooke.com