Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mountain fun

We were blessed a little over a year ago to meet a couple that were also in the process of adopting from Russia. We immediately clicked, and now I feel like I have known them all my life. Turns out we ended up adopting our kiddos from the same region about 6 months apart, so we have been in the process pretty much together. It is incredible having them to share this journey with. It is so wonderful to have someone that you can just talk to who shares similiar experiences, and who just knows where you are coming from. I definitely believe that the Lord put our lives together as they will forever be very very dear to us and our families will forever share a special bond. This past weekend we met up for a little weekend getaway to the mountains. We had such a good time and the boys have asked daily to go back to the mountains with Aunt Tara, Uncle Jonathan and "Baby Masha".


We joke that Daniel and Masha are going to marry one day. Don't they make such a cute couple?

Such a special family:)


Three special kiddos born in Russia but destined for the US.A friend once told me "To be a mother means having pieces of your heart walking around outside of your body" (not sure that I quoted that 100% accurately..but thanks Hannah...that quote has stuck with me:). These 2 kiddos are proof that your heart can be outside your body. I absolutely cannnot imagine loving anything more than I love these two boys. They make being a Mama such an easy job.


Anyone that knows us knows that Santa has always been a huge part of our lives. Heck...Santa still comes to see us. My Daddy alwas said "Santa will come as long as you believe"...so by golly I still believe to this day. HA!!! I hope to carry on the wonderful, magical presence of Santa with my boys as my parents did for us. (Not that the birth of Christ is not the center of the season, because it absolutely will be), Santa was just huge for us as a child and I just hope and pray that the boys get that awesome magical feeling that I always had as a child.

I say all that to say...here is our first pic with Santa:):) The boys were so excited over this statue so I know that Christmas is going to be a blast.

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Hey there long lost blogger friend! I logged on to BLOG- shocker! :) And, I see your post! Your talk about how much you adore your boys makes me tear- I share those same feelings- love so deep you can't put words to it! Loved your post! So happy to see some updated pictures of your handsome boys!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous boys!!!! And cute little Masha reminds me so much of our Gracie when we first brought her home!

Christmas will be AMAZING this year for you!!!! Your boys are at great ages for all the magic!