Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

I do want to take a minute to say thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for me. I know that it is easy to get caught up in the hum-drum of the Easter bunny, but I want to make sure that I am not forgetting what Easter is really about. For kids, it is easy to put the focus on the Easter bunny, candy and egg hunts; however, we made a point to discuss the sacrifice that comes along with Easter. We were preparing to dye our Easter eggs we began to tell the boys the story of Jesus dying on the cross. They are a little young to get it but I discussed the beating that he endured, and of course the nails in his hands and feet. Then I let the boys taste vinegar so they could relate to what Jesus drank when he was on that cross. I think my boys are more disturbed that Jesus had to drink vinegar than they are they he was beaten and crusified:):)



Here are a few pics of our Easter fun:



Daniel took it upon himself to make a cross on one of his eggs.


Noah just painted aimlessly...and had a blast doing it.


Getting snacks ready for the Easter Bunny



The Easter Bunny came!


and these two little boys scored!

Our family Easter Egg hunt


Easter Sunday







My poser


My silly little fella




My boys


Can't imagine loving anything anymore!!


No comments: