Thursday, August 19, 2010

More things that make me smile

For lack of news on the adoption front, I will continue with the things that make me happy, or have made me smile. Yes...I can be lame, but it really doesn't take much to make me happy.

1) a half of a day off with the hubby. It never fails, when we finally get a day off together, something always seems to come up. I can't tell you the last time that we have had a little time off at the same time. Yesterday it just so happened that Benji had the day off and I only had to work half a day. We decided to head out and have a lunch date. It was so nice to have finally be able to spend a little time together.


2) As part of out date yesterday, Benji took me to our favorite icecream shop. It is a cute little nostalgic place and we both got our favorite icecream....

BUBBLE GUM!!! I knew Benji was the man for me when I found out his favorite icecream is bubble gum.


2) During our date day. We went to an antique mall to rummage around. I found myself wandering around and I had lost the hubby...go figure! He snuck away from me to buy me a little treat, and it only cost him .50 cents.......


This my friends was a good day! A date with the hubby, bubblegum icecream, and a New Kids on the Block book, complete with several pictures of my beloveds:)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love this post!! Sounds like y'all had a great day! And how awesome is Benji for buying you the NKOTB book?! I will need to have access to that book on our BFF day, please. :)