Monday, March 19, 2012

My kids make my heart melt

I don't want to be all braggy and stuff but I must say that I am blessed far more than I ever deserve with my sons. They are amazing little boys and I love them so deeply that it can be overwhelming. I couldn't imagine loving anything any more than I love my kiddos. I know that there are tons of horror stories out there about bonding and attachment and the "adjustment period". Not every day has been rainbows and sunshine I will admit, but our transition has been nothing shy of amazing. I am amazed at how much more wonderful things are now than they were a year ago...and a year ago I thought they were pretty good. The boys have come such a long way. As a parent of an adopted child, you have to work hard to protect and foster your bond with your child. Prior to adoption, this was a concept that I thought was silly, but being on this side of it I see that it is real. There are certainly things that I wish that I had done differently in the beginning. All and all, I am very blessed. I thank God every single day for my two little boys who truly make my heart melt every day. I am ever so thankful for how sweet their little hearts are. They are two of the most tender hearted little boys and I am so so thankful that they are mine. I need to do better at keeping a record of the sweet things that they say so that when they are teenagers I have their sweet words to hold on to.


Last night I was rocking Daniel to sleep and I told him I would miss him while I was at work. He asked where he was going while I worked, so I told him daddy would be home with him all day. Then he said. "when you work and I stay home with daddy, me and daddy and Noah come to your work and pick you up for lunch. I hope we do that tomorrow. Some days we don't pick you up, you meet us at the eating place. I hope we come pick you up tomorrow...I'll talk to daddy about it in the morning." ...my heart melts.


A few nights ago Noah (who has ended up in the bed with us for months now) rolled over, put his little arm around my neck, snuggled up next to be and said "I love you Mama!". I kissed his head and said "I love you too Noah". Then he said "you da best Mama in da whole world"....all while never a once opening his eyes from his sleep...again, my heart melts.

1 comment:

sonflowerjax said...

I smiled through your entire post. I don't know what I love more- the fact that both of your boys are thriving exactly where God planned for them to be from the start, or how happy they make you. :-) Big smiles over here for you all! PS- I know it's been forever since we talked, but I just went to an an adoptive mom's conference (created for care...you can google it) and I think it's something you would LOVE! :) ...next year!