Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Homestudy is finally on it's way!

I recieved an email from our homestudy agency stating that they were putting our home study in the mail today. Finally! I have everything that I need for our dossier, except for our homestudy. We began our homestudy back in Janurary. To be honest, I have no idea why it has taken this long. We have turned everything in within days of being asked. The only explanation that I can come up with for our lengthy home study time is the Lord's timing. At this point, I don't care how long that it has taken all I care about is it is on it's way and that puts us a step closer to bringing home our baby/babies. Praise God it is on it's way!

1 comment:

ErinLindsey said...

Shanon and Benji, I have finally figured this blog thing out and I spent some time this morning reading over your entries. This journey has been long and you have been patient. God knows this and He has reasons for all the waiting that we may never know here on earth. I have spent a good deal of time in prayer for you about this adoption and each time I get this overwhelming sense of peace. I know this comes from Him. It is all good and He is working it all out for you. I look so forward to the days ahead when it is done and you have one or two little ones running around your home. I feel so blessed to be part of something so special. And I know with all of my heart that I will love these babies unconditionally and wholeheartedly. I already do! I think of you often when I do my quiet times and I stumble upon words of wisdom that only He can put in my path. This is the one from yesterday....."God specializes in things fresh and firsthand. His plans for you this year may outshine those of the past......He's prepared to fill your days with reasons to give Him praise". Amen, Amen, Amen! I love you two so much.