Thursday, July 30, 2009

Argh!

So we still are not ready to submit our dossier to Russia. There were a couple of documents that were not worded as they wanted (ie: they were missing my middle name), and a couple that had wrong dates, and our police clearances were not what they wanted. The police clearances have given us a fit. Russia wants clearances on state letterhead and we can't seem to find anyone that can do that for us. The GBI and the FBI both say they do not do police clearances. Our local police department did do them but they can only put it on county letterhead...not state. So until we figure out what to do from here we are stuck for the moment. I have concluded that until the day that you recieve a referral, it is best to leave your emotions at the door, otherwise the process can completely wear you out. I have decided that until my phone rings to tell me that there is a precious little one waiting for me, I will not get excited nor will I get angry or upset or sad. I will continue to keep my eyes focused on what I feel like God wants us to do, and no matter what obstacle the devil throws in our way, we will keep pushing forward!

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

We got our state police clearance through the state police; I'd done it for my teaching license before we did it for our homestudy. We got our FBI clearance through the FBI but we didn't have to get it through them until we registered in a region. Feel free to email me with questions and maybe someone in our adoption yahoo group (at home or in process) can help you.

heather