Thursday, July 9, 2009

Motivational Boost

We are getting close to sending in our paperwork. We had actually hoped to have sent it in by now, but there are a few things that just ahven't quite fallen into place as we had hoped. However, we know that the Lord will provide...he always does.
I feel like the devil is attacking from every angle that he can. There are very few apsects of my life that he is not attacking at this moment. Which is wearing me out, but if I weren't doing something right then the devil wouldn't be trying so hard to bring me down, right? I woke up yesterday morning with some time to spare (as those who know me, know this NEVER happens. HA!) With a few minutes to spare, I decided to start my day off with a little bible reading. The Lord knows my frustrations and I went to prayer before I began to read. I just asked God to give me something that I needed to hear, something to let me know that things were going to be alright and that things were going to fall into place. I just opened my Bible and began to read wherever it opened. I began with Matthew 6:25, which was entitled "Do not worry". HA! As I read further, I came upon Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." My sister and I used to sing this verse when we were little girls. Can we say God knows exactly what we need when we need it? I honestly think that he wanted me to see those exact verses yesterday, and it was exactly what I needed, and I have truly felt so much better since reading that. I did get some news today of another change coming sooner than I had hoped. But it will all be okay. The Lord always provides and he has seen me through every struggle in my life thus far. I can rest assured that he is still with me making plans for me as we speak. Thank you Lord, for being the awesome God that you are.

1 comment:

The Riner Family said...

Do you need me to come sing you that verse again??? LOL Perhaps I could even get the SingingMachine out of the attic for old times sake. I completely forgot about that song.