Friday, November 6, 2009

My "waiting" rambling shall begin.

So as we are in this period of just waiting, I don't expect to have a whole lot to report. Thus I will be doing random thoughts while waiting.



We recieved our "While you Wait" packet from AWAA the other day. It had suggestions on things to be doing while you are waiting. One of them was to begin preparing you child's room. Wrong thing for them to tell me to do considering I have been buying stuff from the moment that we decided to adopt. I now have a sense of urgency in getting my nursery ready pronto, and hubby dear is having to reel me in a little! I know that it is jumping the gun a little but I am so not a last minute kind of gal. I like things done way in advance. So we have been looking and getting ideas for what we want to do, and I came across a chair that I wanted very bad for the nursery, but it was just a little too pricey for us right now. Benji said that we could go look at it to see if we like it and then we would just start saving for it. When we went to just look at it, there was a floor model (covered in plastic) that they told us we could get for 40% off. So the chair is now in our nursery just waiting on a little one to rock.

I do want to say that I am not one for waiting. Our paperwork was mailed to Russia just two weeks ago and I kid you not when I say that it feels like two years ago. I am the kid that tore the house up looking for my Christmas presents every year. My own husband refuses to give me the combination to his safes because he knows that come Christmas, anniversaries and birthdays, this girl is going to snoop! I do not like surprises! Let me re-word that, do not like surprises that I know are coming. So to know that we will soon be getting the most precious gift in the world, and to not be able to climb in a closet, look under a bed, or crack the code to the safe to see this precious gift isn't going to be easy for me....but I am most certainly up for the challenge:)

No comments: