Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving

So here we are at Thanksgiving. I want to take a couple mintues to give thanks were there is a lot of thanks due. We have so much to be thankful for and just don't express it nearly as often as we should. So here's my list of thank-you's that I don't state near enough!


First and foremost: I am so thankful for our God! I am so thankful that we serve such an awesome God that loves us unconditionally, and is always there to catch us when we fall. I am so thankful that he loves me enough to bless me abundantly every day even though I don't deserve a fraction of what he does for me.

I am so thankful that I have such an amazing husband. I am so blessed to be married to such a loyal, honest, hard working, family oriented man. I want to thank him for loving me even though I'm not always loveable:) I also want to thank him for loving my family. He has such a great relationship with my family and my life wouldn't be near as great if he didn't. Thank you babe for being all that I could ever hope for and then some, you are the best. I am so lucky to be married to my best friend. I love you so much!

I also super thankful for my family. I am blessed beyond measure with such a great family. I could not possible ask for better parents. They have raised me to be the person that I am today. My parents have always been behind me and supported and loved me through anything and everything in my life. They have been our biggest supporters in our adoption journey. Every single fundraiser that we have had to date, they have been right there working their hind quaters off to make it as successful as possible. They are amazing parents. I am also blessed with some pretty great sibling too. I have a pretty fantastic brother and sister too, that I love dearly and who are always there when you need them. Sure we have our squabbles from time to time, but I am so blessed to have siblings, and the older we get the closer we become. And I am so thankful that I have them in my life. I also have some pretty great in-laws. I shouldn't even refer to them as in-laws because they are family to me too. Benji was blessed to be a member of a large family. I fell in love with his family when we were dating. They are very close knit and I can't wait to bring our child into a home with such a great family all the way around. Our child will be so blessed with awesome grandparents on both sides, some really fantastic aunts and uncles, and several neices and nephews that are all my heart and I love each and everyone as if they were my own.

I am also so thankful for friends who are like family to me. I am so blessed with so many great people in my life and I may not say it, but I would be lost with each and every person in my life. I am so blessed with some awesome friends, that are always honest with me and keep me grounded. Thank you for being an extention to my family, thank you for always being there when I need someone to talk to, and thank you for always supporting me. To one in particular (and I am confident that you know who you are), thank you so much for all the laughs. You have been right there with me through all the ups and downs thus far in our adoption, and you keep me laughing even when I really don't feel like it. Thanks for always being an instant "perk me up". I feel sure that I would have lost my mind by now without you. So thank you for truly being the best friend a girl could ever dream of having.

I am aslo thankful for good health for not only myself but for all my family and friends. There are so many people that are fighting some pretty huge health battles right now. There are some out there fighting for each and every day and their families are just hoping to have a little more time with them. So this day and time, I just can't be thankful enough that myself and my family are so fortunate to be in good health. I pray for those who are not so fortunate every single day.

I am such a blessed individual and I can't thank God enough for all that he has done for me. He has always, without fail, provided for me. I am thankful that he continues to provide for us each and everyday.

No comments: