Saturday, April 10, 2010

Don't stop praying!

This situation in Russia is a huge mess. I tried to not get overly worried about it. However the more I read and watch the media coverage on it the more... hmmm... uneasy, aggrivated, annoyed, angry, and frustrated (that should cover it) that I get. I not am not going to sit here and attack the woman that started this frenzy. I don't know her and what she was dealing with. I do feel that her choices were serious misjudgements. Her choices have made a massive impact on so many others right now. Her choices have envoked panic in so many of us that are in mid process of Russian adoptions. Let me be a little more frank than that...her choices have led to a situation that has ripped our hearts out for the moment. I know that we personally are finally to a point of just waiting on that glorious phone call anyday. Others were further along than we are and have already held their little ones, they have already given their hearts to them and are just waiting to get them home. I really think that I hurt for those people more than I hurt for myself right now.
I let myself get really frustrated last night. I allowed myelf to go into negativity and get into "poor me" status and question the Lord. I quickly realized that is exactly what the devil would want me to do. So I dried my eyes, and apologized to the man upstairs for my moment of weakness. God did not bring us this far to leave us hanging. He doesn't take you down a road then say "I got you this far, now you are on your own". Not the God I serve! He follows through! He will not leave us hanging....he will carry us and get us through!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Shanon and Benji, I know how your heart yearns for that day the phone rings and says your child is here. You will have that phone call! I firmly believe that God has a beautiful plan for you and Benji and the child(ren) that is on the way. Don't let the devil steal away your joy. Keep the faith and we as your family and friends will keep lifting you both up and continue praying for that bundle of joy that has already been picked and marked for the Rentz home. All my love, Renee