Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some positives

I have been in email contact with our coordinator today who informed us that nothing has been stopped yet. The Russian coordinator has spoken with all of the regions that our agency deals with and they are still continuing the adoptions. Does this mean that they won't be cut out tomorrow? No. However, we are going to keep positive and rely solely on the Lord for this. I asked our coordinator if this would slow down referrals and she said as of yet no. She said that the Russian coordinator recieved a batch of referrals today just like he is normally scheduled to do. My first though was "please let us have a little one in that set of referrals". HA! This situation took me back for a bit but then as I have said before, if I get my "panties in a wad" so to speak over it...then I am not putting my faith and trust in the Lord. I keep reminding myself of the verse on this blog homepage: "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11" I have a bracelet with this very verse on it that I have been wearing all week to keep me and my faith in check.

Furthermore, want to say that I have the best family and the best friends in the world (in my humble opinion). Our support system is beyond amazing! My parents have always been behind us 100% and are following and praying so hard for this situation to get smoothed over. My aunt and cousinhas been such amazing cheerleaders for us. My aunt sent me a message yesterday to tell me her principal prayed for us over the intercom yesterday and that her school is keeping us in prayer. First off, prayer in school? Praise God for private school! Second, the whole school is praying for us? How awesome and uplifting is that. Hillcrest: You are awesome and we are so thankful to you! Shasha and Erin: You guys are such a blessing to us! My sister sent me a wonderful scripture that was what I needed to hear. Philippians 4:6-7, look it up. It was great. My friends are beyond awesome. They have sent me such positive and uplifting messages , emails and calls that have made me smile. You guys are the best and I love you!
So, for now we are left to keep on praying that adoptions are not stopped and that we can soon get our referral and get our little one's home. One couple with our agency recieved a referral at Christmas and had their court date today. The judge said "Dah"...which is "yes" in Russian. Thank you Lord for thier court success!! Hopefully ours will be not far behind:)

2 comments:

The Pressley Family said...

We're praying for that little one or ones that are waiting just as patiently for you as you are for them! God's ways are perfect when our strength is not:)

Ashley said...

Praying every day!!! I am so inspired by your faith throughout this whole process. You are amazing. :) I love you and can't wait for you to receive that call about your little one(s)!