Friday, April 9, 2010

A Major Prayer Request

I just recieved an email from our adoption coordinator to inform us of a major situation that is brewing with Russian adoptions. There is a situation with a mother that adopted a young boy from Russia and it seems as though she sent him back. The story has been covered in the media. Well Russia is quite upset over what has transpired and they are threatening to shut down all adoptions from American citizens. It would appear that for right now they are suspending all of their foreign adoptions. We beg of anyone out there reading this to please pray that this matter gets resolved and gets resolved quickly. I just don't have any words right now. I know that we serve a God that is way bigger than this and I know that he will intervene and resolve these issues. I just ask that everyone join in with us for pray not just for our adoption but for those others out there that have met there little ones and patiently waiting to get them home. This could take months and months to get resolved, and it may never get resolved. So please pray that God intervenes and this problem gets solved very quickly!

3 comments:

The Browning Family said...

My Dear Friend in Christ-
My husband and I are scheduled to go to Moscow this coming Monday- we got the phone call from our agency on today about the horific news of the woman placing her son on a plane. I randomly pulled up your blog and was given hope from your wonderful words of wisdom. Please pray for us as we journey this week- to meet our son and then start the 3 trip process in hopes that there will be no delay due to someone's kneejerk reaction.
blessings.
the brownings.

Heather Brandt said...

Praying for this situation!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

The Riner Family said...

I saw the news reports first thing this morning & my heart sank. I sent the article over to Dwayne to read & pray about during his prayer hour this morning too. I didn't send it to you in the event that it was the media making a mountain out of a mole hill...but it seems pretty serious. Crazy how the choices of one person can affect so many.

Regardless....we believe that God is in control & we are praying with ya'll.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."