Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Mother's in my Life

I know that I am several days early, but with a little time to spare and a super busy weekend coming up I wasn't sure if I'd have a chance to post this in time for Mother's Day. I want to say thank for the Mother's that the Lord has blessed me with: my Mama, my Mema, and gone way too soon... my Grandma Callie.

To my Mama:

Thank you for being one of the greatest gifts that I could ever be blessed with. You are the best mama a girl could ever as for. You are beyond just my mother...you are my best friend. Thanks for always being there for me. You have made me the woman that I am today (you may or may not even want to take credit for that, HA!!). You have taught me that it is far better to give then to recieve. You were and always are putting others ahead of yourself...a trait of a true giver. I hope that I am half as giving as you are. Growing up, you taught me how to cook, clean, do laundry, sew, iron....all the things that women should know. I thank you for teaching me those things when I was little because they do make me a be better person and hopefully a better wife today. I may not have appreciated learning those things when I was little, but I sure do thank you for it now. Thank you for raising me in church and teaching me what it means to be a true Christian. Thank you for raising me in a peaceful home, that was full of love. Thank you Mama for being the best Mama in the world. I love you!!

To my Mema,

Thank you for being such a great Mema and loving me the way that you do. I think you are responsible for my love of shopping! I used to love to go shopping with you. Thank you for always remebering to have ketchup and tomatoes when you serve me hamburgers (even though I did have to suffer that one ketchup and tomato-less burger when I was young, HA!!). Thank you for the fantastic birthday cakes that you used to make...especially the ones with the Barbie in them and the cake was her dress. Thank you for riding rollercoasters with me when I was little, and not making me go to school when I cried. Most of all thank you for being the Christain woman that you are and raising my mama to be the woman that she is today. Thank you for your prayers, I know that no matter what...I always have my Mema praying for me. I love you very much and am blessed to call you my Mema!

To my Grandma Callie (who is not longer with us):

I will definately say that I get my passion for cooking from you. You were an amazing cook, and I hope that I can one day just cook half as good as you! You always showed your love for your family with an enormous meal on the table. I find myself being just like that. You were one of the strongest and most independent women that I have ever known and I do hope that is something that I recieved from you. I did get a little bit (or a big bit, depending on who you ask, HA!) of your stubborn streak. You loved your children and grandchildren with all your heart, family was everything to you. Thank you for raising my daddy who posesses the same love for his family that you did. I find myself being more and more like you the older that you get, I just wish that I had your green thumb. You were a giver, you would do anything thing that you could for others, especially those in need. I miss you like crazy. You were an amazing Grandma and I always knew that you loved me no matter what. I love you Grandma Callie!!

So I just want to wish all the mother's out there a very happy Mother's Day! I also want to thank God for the Mother's that he placed in my life that have made me who I am today.

No comments: