Sunday, May 16, 2010

We are going to have to wait a little longer

We were told in January that we should be getting a referral around May/June. Now that May is finally here, we have been so excited. I sent Johnna an email Friday just to see if the wait time is still the same. I didn't quite get the response that I was hoping for. She informed us that we would still have a minimum of 3-4 more months. All I could think was "Are you kidding me?" I feel like we have already waited for an eternity. I know that 3-4 months is really not that long, but to me it feels like forever. I was so bummed. For once I was angry...truly angry. So I went home, and I just asked the Lord to give me one night to just be mad. I asked him to forgive my attitude, but I truly needed to just be mad. I try very hard to stay positive, but this day...I just needed to be angry. I did ask the Lord to help me wake up Saturday morning with a better attitude and to continue to push forward...with no anger. Sure enough, Saturday morning I woke up and I truly feel so much better. If we have to wait a little longer then we just have to wait longer. I know that the Lord has so many great things in store for us. I just have to sit back and wait on his timing. Saturday afternoon, I just flipped into my Bible to a devotional. It was on waiting on the Lord's timing. Hmmm...reckon the Lord was trying to tell me something? So for now.....we continue to wait.

No comments: