Thursday, July 29, 2010

Benji's 3 Rules

Benji has laid down the law! HA! I was cooking supper the other night and in walks my dear hubby. He looks at me and says "I've been thinking..." This immediately perks my interested because he really typically doesn't have a whole lot to say about anything but when he does...you best listen. Come to find out, in his "thinking" he has come up with 3 rules that he says he is going to enforce when we have children. Now do let me say for the record his exact statement was this: "I have been thinking. I have 3 rules that I am going to demand in this house. Everything else is pretty much up to you and what ever you think I'll go with". I have a feeling that his last sentence will come back to haunt him one day:)

So here goes his three rules:

1) Our children will not be allowed to enter the kitchen shirtless. (this is a rule his grandpa enforced with him and he to this day will NOT even so much as walk into the kitchen without a shirt on). Also to go along with this rule he added, hats are not to be worn indoors.

2) One night a week will be family night. As long as our kids are under our roof they will participate in family night.

3) We will do Sunday lunches at home. No eating out for Sunday lunch.

There ya have it...Benji's 3 rules to child rearing! I 100% agree with each one but I have to laugh that out of all the things he wants to enforce, those are the ones that he picks. This, I must say is classic Benji...and I do love that man. However, I think it is quite obvious at this point who will be the disciplinarian and who will not.

3 comments:

Court said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I loved this!!! I have just begun to follow your blog. We had adopted from Kras in Dec. 2008 with the same agency. You can contact me at
jww@charter.net
Julie W.

Tara said...

This post cracks me up! I'd take him up on the "everything else is pretty much up to you:..haha..I'm sure he'll change his mind about that! Benji will be a great daddy, as you will be a mommy!:)