Monday, July 26, 2010

A day in the life of Benji and Shanon

In order to not show my increasing frustration with the lack of any feedback/ info on a possible referral, I decided to lighten it up a little. Yes I know that this has nothing to do with the adoption process but at least we are trying to keep our wits about us:)

Benji works about 45 minutes from home. Me, being the worrier that I am, ask that he calls me every morning to let me know he has arrived at work safely. He being the great guy that he is, willingly complies. This morning...he forgot to call. Thus when I see that it was 15 mins after time for him to be at work and I had not heard from him, I began to worry. When I finally got in touch with him, I was, hmmmm.....let's just say not as nice as I should have been. HA! So when I get to work this morning this is what I had in my email:

Hubby: Dear The Love of My Life,

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologize for not calling you this morning when I arrived at work. I have no excuse for forgetting all I can do at this point is ask for your forgiveness.

Love
Benji
(for anyone that knows Benji knows that he is completely being a wise guy)
Me: Dear my not worth a cuss husband,

I am not quite ready to lend you my forgiveness. You have to understand that your forgetting to call not only deprives me of my last little bit of good sleep, and not only does it cause me to panic, it hurts me deeply and emotionally. It can be perceived as a personal attack as if you are saying to me, “You are so forgettable” or perhaps “You are not worth 2 minutes of my morning”.

Love,
your still sulking and trying to overcome the deep trauma that you so caused me this morning, wife

Hubby: OK you win

Me: Your admitting defeat still doesn’t seem to ease the pain.

Maybe a nice home cooked meal prepared my none other than my not worth a cuss husband, on the table when I get home from work, as well as the dishes clean after the food consumption, will help relieve some of my suffering. I know that a completed load of laundry will help do the trick also.

Hubby: What if I bake some of your cakes can we call it even (bear in mind that he has more time off this week than I do and I have way over over extended myself with cake orders this week, and cake money goes into our adoption account so I had asked him earlier if he would do a lot of my baking this week. And note that he is always there to help me bake when I get myself in these binds...it's a common occurence in our home:)

Me: That job was previously requested prior to your infraction. Thus it does not count.

Hubby: OK here is my final offer I will arrange supper for the evening and give you the glory to remain my wife for the rest of your life.

Me: I’d rather be water boarded in a Mexican prison!


You may have to understand our sense of humor to find this humorous.

2 comments:

The Riner Family said...

Ha ha ha!

Let me know who wins tonight. :-)

Ashley said...

I am laughing so hard right now!