Monday, November 8, 2010

In the wait

I just thought that the waiting on a referral was hard...waiting to get a date to get my precious little boys home is hard. I don't think that a moment goes by that I am not thinking about them. I wish so bad I would be on a plane tomorrow to get back to them. We have once again been told that a December court date is very unlikely. I know in my heart that it will probably be January before we can get back to them...but I can always hope that it happens much sooner. I hate the thought of them spending one more Christmas without being home where they belong. However, it is all in God's hands and all in his perfect timing. Knowing that and continuously reminding myself of that is what keeps me sane in this process. This whole process is the Lord's calling and we have done our very best to be obedient and follow him. I have to rely heavily on Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". I know I have said that verse time and time again, but it is what helps us put this all in the Lord's hands and trust in him completely.
Other things that help keep our spirits up is the love and support that we have from our family and friends. I can not express how much this means to us. I know I have said this over and over but we are just so blessed by family and our friends. We were overwelmed with the love and support that we recieved when we got home. Immediately, our family and friends began working on baby shower prepartaions. My mama has been just a shopping for the boys. She has made sure that they have nice warm clothes as we travel home through Russia in the winter...yep it is going to be a little chilly:) My aunt (Shasha) sent us a bag of some of the best children's books ever. She also bought several gloves and hats for us to leave at the orphanage for the other kids there. My dear friend Hannah and her mama Karen came for a visit last weekend. Hannah bought the boys a set of Skippy Jones books (super cute, if you have small children, these books are hysterical) and Mrs. Karen bought the boys a Christmas present (that I am still holding out hope that they get to open this year). Our dear friends Tara and Jonathan (are in the process of adoption from Russia as well) came up last week and bought the boys a fire truck, puzzle and some bath crayons.
We are truly blessed by some great people in our lives. We are so thankful for those that have kept constant contact, given daily words of encouragement, and come to visit. Words cannot describe how grateful we are for the love and support that we have recieved.