Monday, October 25, 2010

A blessed homecoming

It is so good to be home but so hard that they are not with us. We had such a great homecoming. Getting off the plane as I said before we were met by my sister, bro-in-law and nephew, who had the best steak dinner ever waiting on us and the sweetest scrapbook and pics. Then, once we got home from my sisters, I walked into a nice clean house with a "Welcome Home" sign in my kitchen. We had to drop my car off at to be repaired before we left so my daddy had went and picked it up and brought it to our house so we wouldn't have to deal with that when we got home. My fridge was stocked, including a fresh pitcher of sweet tea...thus Benji was beyond thrilled, plus we had snacks on the counter so we wouldn't have to immediately run to the grocery store. Then throughout the evening I found little surprises here and there. My mom obviously thought the pillows on our bed were not fluffy enough so we have new pillows and a new blanket on our bed. All my laundry was washed and folded. Then when I went into the boy's room, they had a new rug, new pajamas, socks, a book and curtain rods. Thank you so much mama and daddy for all that you did while we were gone. It made coming home so much sweeter!!
Later that evening, my grand parents came up to see pictures and have dinner. I can't even begin to explain how blessed that we are with people in our lives. The entire time that we were in Russia, we got so much support from back home. Our family was always there to skype when we needed a taste of home, so many friends sent constant support through emails and facebook. The constant love and support from our family and friends helped more than I can ever say. Being in a foreign country on such an emotional experience is tough. But to know that you have so much love and support back home helps so much.
Then when I got to work today, there were special surprises all in my office:) I have some of the best friends that a girl could ever ask for. A special thank you to Ashley, Renee and Tara! You guys are all such a blessing to me. Your love, support and constant words of encouragement mean the world to me. You are truly the best friends that I could ever ask for. Thank you for being there every step of the way with me.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Do you think your mom would like to visit me for a while?! I think there is a house for sale down the road she could buy.... :)