Monday, October 18, 2010

Meeting our boys

God has poured out his blessings on us once again. We went to the orphanage and we had to meet with the doctor at first. They took us into a nice sized playroom and the doctor was going over their medicals. In the middle of the meeting with the doc, the door opens and in walks two of the most precious little boys ever! I wanted so bad to run over and scoop them up but that would have been so rude as the doc was in the middle of talking and we do not want to offend anyone here. The boys went over and began pulling out toys and playing. All the while the doctor was talking and I heared not a word she said. Then they told us we could go meet our boys. At first they were slightly leary of us. Soon enough N let Benji begin to play with him and D warmed up to me a little. I kept trying to talk to N and everytime that I did he would poke his bottom lip out at me and just glare at me. He let Benji keep playing with him and D was letting me play with him pretty good. Eventually I pulled out a talking book that my BFF gave me for the boys and that got them both in m lap....heaven!! Finally N was warming up to me. So enough we were switching off playing with each of them and at one point N let me rub noses with him. Then he grabbed my face and brought his nose to mine to keep doing it. After several "eskimo kisses" he was finally oka with me. Benji and D got a good game of catch going and D was laughing and enjoying it. Then in walks a caretaker. She walked over to N and said something in Russian at which point he flung himself backwards and whined. She said something to D and he hopped up grabbed N's hand and out they walked together. Our translator told us it was time for them to go potty and N didn't want to leave us to go. We could here them in the hall and we heard a little boy say "mama and papa". When they came back in, we continued to play. Our translator told us that D when they had gone potty D told the others that his mama and papa had come to see him and bought him a new shirt and new pants...which we hadn't but I still thought was pretty cute.
Not long after they returned. The care taker walked back in and said somthing and the boys hopped up and began cleaning up. (I am going to need to learn what she said:) Then we had to say our goodbyes for the day. As the boys were leaving, N turned around as we waved and said "paca-pace" (good-bye in Russian)...he came running back and held his hands up to me. As I picked him up he put his little arms around my neck. I could have lived in that moment forever. Then he went to Benji and did the same. D came back and with a little more hesitation allowed us to hug him but wasn't quite as quick to hug back. He is older so we were prepared for him to not warm up quite so fast. We were just thankful that he did let us play with him and he did let us hug him. The ride back to the hotel was a pretty quite one as we hated to leave so bad. Two hours is such a small window of time. I am so ready to get back to them in the morning!
Our translator told us that they did warm up to us very well and that it doesn't always go that smoothly. They have told us that the chances of us getting them home for Christmas is not very likely. I wanted to look at them and say "With the God I serve...all things are possible". I refrained, but I sure was thinking it. We know that it will be a long stretch...but the have them home for Christmas would be a definate miracle from God, and lucky for us...our God provides miracles!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Shanon! I am loving this post, and picturing your boys hugging y'all brings tears to my eyes!! This is so amazing! Love y'all!!!

The Pressley Family said...

Amazing!! So glad you have gotten to meet your babies and that it went well!!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! It sounds like everything is going great for you guys!!! We pray that the next visit will be just as exciting!!!! We are staying glued to your blog to follow your great journey!!!!!
Julie, Wade & Alyssa

Hannah said...

An amazing story!! I cannot wait to see you and see pictures!! God is awesome :)

Tara said...

Oh my word..I eagerly await each of your posts. But this was the one I was really looking forward to and wow, this totally made me start crying in the middle of work! *not to self-do not read Shanon's blog at work*;)
This is all so exciting! We love you and are praying for you sooo hard!:) Your boys sound so precious!