Monday, January 26, 2009

First Call...homestudy has begun!

We got a call from our case worker for our home study. She was so nice and just gave me a great sense of peace over the process. Having someone "inspect" every aspect of your life can be quite intimidating. She let us know that she was here as our partner to help us achieve our goal, not to try to prevent it. She is coming for the home visit in two weeks. Yikes! I have got to get on the ball and get my house "home visit" ready. Plus we have a ton of other things that have to be done before she gets there (TB tests, recommendation letters, drug tests, financial records, pet vaccinations, letters from our employers, criminal background checks, and tons more). I am so excited to finally be doing something. Even if it is super hectic, I'd much rather be doing something rather than just sitting around waiting. I thank God that the proces has truly begun and that he sent us Donna, our case worker, whom I love already!

1 comment:

Karen Clark said...

Do not fret over the home visit. These people want you to become parents to a child who needs a home. I know it feels like you have to get everyone's "approval" to love a child and have a family. But this is just part of the adoption process. Just be yourselves as much as possible and know that in the end it will be all worth it--once you are holding your child in your arms.
Karen Clark--a new adoptive mom