Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Galations 6:9

I must make a confession to begin with. This past weekend was very busy and hectic. Saturday night rolled around and I was so exhausted that I decided that I'd get up early Sunday morning to plan my children's church lesson (which I never do)because I was just running on fumes at this point. Well, anyone who knows me should know that I have trouble getting up early (my friend Hannah can attest to this as she and her family came for a visit and had to come into my room to cut my alarm off because I was sleeping clear through it. Sorry Hannah, Jason, Mollie and Miles:) Thus I say that to let you know that I seriously overslept Sunday morning. So I am running out the door with nothing planned for the kiddos at church. I just grabbed a children's devotional that I have once I got there I just decided to go on what ever page I opened the book to. Again, I never do this...and I am mortified to admit that I did this on this past Sunday. Please rest assured that I do take more care and consideration normally when planning a lesson for our children's church program. So please Pastor, don't fire me:) However, the lesson was on not quitting. The bible verse that it was based on was Galations 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." I was very struck by this as the past week was very difficult for us in our adoption. There have been many times that I get frazzled and just want to throw in the towel (and unless you have been down the road of adoption, I'd imagine this is difficult to understand). I almost think that the Lord needed me to get that scripture more than the kids in church.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Praying for you guys!:) Love you tons!