Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Satan has been bound!

To say this has been a rough week would be an understatement. On Friday, we had to get chest x-rays to take to Russia with us. Low and behold there is a spot on Benji's lung. The technicians pointed it out but they said "Oh it's probably nothing to be concerned about, someone will call you Monday". How can you not be worried about somthing like a spot on your lung? From there we had to drive to Atlanta to get a few more things apostilled. I don't think that either of us said a word to each other the whole trip...and it's a three hour trip. I was trying hard to not think the worst, but some how my mind just went there. I began to think about the "what ifs". The fact that this could potentially halt our adoption was not the first thing on my mind. The thought of losing my husband became an unbearable thought. Benji is a very laid back, easy going, cut-up all the time kind of guy. After the chest scans....he was a very solemn man. I knew it was bothering him very bad and that was very difficult to see. He typically doesn't worry about much of anything (I am the worrier in the marriage). We agreed to just give it to God and not worry about it until we had reason to....even though we both still were sick with worry about it.

Later that day I found out my Mema had been admitted to the hospital and was very ill. At one point my mama said to me "I am so worried she wont make it to see your boys".

Then later on in the afternoon, my sister confirmed that she and her family will be moving to Texas in just a few short weeks. My family is very close and my nephew is my heart. I love him as if he were my own. The thought of not seeing him often is heart breaking. My brother in law has accepted a postition as a children's church minister in Texas and it is truly a great opportunity for them. So we do fully support their decision...it is just so hard to see them go.

By Friday night, I was throwing my hands up as asking God what else? I know he doesn't give us any more that we can handle...but must he think I am so strong? We spent the weekend almost in a fog. I was almost in "shut-down" mode. Benji and I didn't leave the couch all day Saturday...this NEVER happens. I have never dealt with depression or anxiety in my life but after Friday...I was there.

I began reading a book a while back and I picked it back up this weekend. As I was reading it I know that it was somthing that I needed to read. Through the book, I was reminded that the Lord gives us the power to bind the devil. I began to think, if the Lord has given me this power then why in the world am I allowing the devil to have such a hold on me in worrying so much? The Lord does not give us the spirit of worry. I went to stay the night at the hospital with my Mema last night and the whole drive down there I exercised that power that the Lord has given me. I bound the devil from my husband's health, my Mema's health and from our adoption.

I am happy to report that Benji had a CT scan today and all is well. It is nothing at all the be concerned about his is going to be just fine. I called my Mama as soon as we recieved the report that his CT scan was clear and low and behold my Mema was in the car with her....on her way home! Can we say the Lord is awesome?? As silly as it may sound, there are times that the devil has such a grasp on our lives that we find it very hard to find the Lord through the devil's tight grasp. Never forget that the Lord gives us the power to bind the devil when he tries to sink his hooks in.

Thank you so much to the family and friends that have prayed us through this rough time. You guys mean the world to us! Now we can get excited because we are headed back to see our boys soon...real soon. We still don't have full confirmation just yet (we were hoping to have that today),but we could be leaving as early as a week from today:)

3 comments:

The Pressley Family said...

So glad for good news all around today!

Jeanette said...

What a week!!!!! So sorry you had to go through that! You survived and now you are off to get your boys!!! Can't wait for more....

sonflowerjax said...

WOW...what a powerful post. You are so right to identify your attacker so quickly. Satan can be sneaky like that. I am so happy to hear these issues seem to be clearing up, and pray for a smoother sail from here! I Cor. 10:13 came to mind when I read your post. Hang in there!