Thursday, January 6, 2011

The time is getting near!

I know, I know...my blogging has been slack lately. There just has not been very much to report. We have had a "pending" court date for a while now, but there is one issue with our paperwork that should soon, hopefully, be resolved. We are waiting on one thing to come in the mail and it should all be good. I am not going to say when that court date is until it is official, but it is fast approaching. Thus causing a sense of panic in getting everything done: getting the house re-organized, scrubbed from top to bottom, and child proofed and getting packed for a three week stay in a very cold region in Russia. I really have no idea how I am going to pack for us and two little boys for 3 weeks in under 45 lbs per bag, but we will make it work.

We had a good Christmas. It was on the tough side. I personally felt very guilty celebrating the holidays when they are stuck in an orphanage with no family to celebrate with. However, they were blessed with all sorts of goodies for Christmas. Benji's parents, my parents, my sister and her family, and my BFF's Renee and Ashley all got the boys Christmas presents that are just patiently waiting for them to get home:)

Hopefully within another week or so our court date will be official and then a week or so from that we will be off to bring our boys home. So yes...it is fast approaching. For now we are praying that the court date sticks because if we have to wait much longer, I do believe I will turn into a complete crazy person...I am looking over that cliff right now:)

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

WOW! YEAH! I am so excited for you! I remember how crazily I ran around like a mad person trying to clean the house...and it's a job I try to do everyday now! It's been getting a lot messier with a 2 year old running around! Thank God for the dog, who eats up the crumbs! :) Can't wait to hear more good news from you! :)

Tara said...

Yayyy!! So excited! Can't wait to meet your boys in person!