Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yes, I do realize that I am only 6 days late on saying that. For the past couple years, my parents have taken us all to the mountains for New Years. So we were able to have some time to unwind from the holidays and get some much needed R&R. Thanks daddy and mama, we truly had a blast!!

Having the time in the mountains to just chill out with nothing to do, no where to go, reminded us what life should be about. Right now, our lives are as chaotic as ever. Benji is working 2 jobs (and looking to get a third until we get our little one home), I am working 3 jobs and doing some cake decorating/catering on the side. We both know that we are doing this to hopefully be more financially prepared when we get our little one, as well as to be able to afford this adoption. However, having a break and some time off from work made me miss having a "normal" life. It has made me long more so than ever for the day that we have our little one (and we are well aware that our lives will still be quite chaotic), but I am so ready to be able to spend more time at home with my family. But for now, I will keep on keeping on. I will continue to work as hard as I can just to get our little one home.

I must say that up to this point I have been very patient in the "waiting" phase. I think that I knew that it was impossible to know anything in 2009 so there was no need in thinking about it. Then 2010 rolled in and I have just been so excited. I am hoping and praying with everything in me that this is going to be our year! Better yet, I am trusting in the Lord that this is going to be our year. To be perfectly honest, I don't think that I have it in me to stomach one more Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving...and heaven forbid another Christmas without a little one. I know that the Lord will provide me the strength to endure anything...and he sure has thus far. I truly don't mean to sound gloomy at all, because I don't feel gloomy. I just feel that I have grown more anxious than ever once 2010 began. We are almost 3 months into the waiting phase, and I feel sure that we still have a little ways to go, however, the thought that each passing day/week is just one day/week closer to bringing home our baby, is truly a good feeling.
I have even ordered our crib bedding already. I do realize that I am jumping the gun a little, but what I loved is being discontinued and I figured if it isn't something that we can use once we get our little one then there is always EBay, right? HA!

So here is to a great New Year to everyone. I hope that 2010 is one of the happiest and most fruitful years ever for you and your loved ones. God Bless you all throughout 2010, and may you all be blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

The Pressley Family said...

It will happen in His time....but we're praying that it will happen soon for you two also!! :)