Monday, March 28, 2011

1st post placement report done

We just completed and sent in our first post-placement report. The paperwork really never stops in an international adoption. However, on this end of an adoption, the paperwork is much more enjoyable. The first post placement was a breeze. It was really more of a questionair. The next few will require home visits, but we adore our social worker so we are not concerned with that. As I sent out our post placement, it occured to me that we have been home for over a month. On one hand it seems like and eternity yet on the other hand it seems like only yesterday. I stand in amazement at how wonderfully the boys are doing. I almost cried when I put a pair of jeans on D yesterday and they were nearly too short. This pair of jeans swallowed him just a few weeks ago. I want him to grow...but not this soon. He is pretty short for his age, which makes him look younger than he really is...which I love but he wont love it in a few years. I was looking at N's passport picture and he looks like a different child already. His hair is finally starting to grow out. Benji and I decided we need to measure them but I don't want to see how much they have already grown. I do want to say a big congrats to our dear friends Jonathan and Tara. They just accepted a referral for a precious baby girl in Russia. Their referral has brought about the same feelings as when we got our referral. I am so excited for them. Our experience in Russia will always be very precious to me. There is something that I miss very badly about Russia. Our time there was undescribable, and I will carry those precious memories with me forever. For now, I have two incredible little boys to remind me of that amazing experience...that leap of faith that brought our little boys home!

1 comment:

sonflowerjax said...

Yeah! One down! I was so happy to see your comment yesterday about already wanting to go back.:) thought I was the only crazy one! :) and, the growth is amazing! I am looking forward to a follow up at our IA Dr next month to see how much he grew!! :)