Monday, March 21, 2011

Thank you Lord for our family

This has been a very busy weekend, but it made me realize more than ever just how much that family means to me. Friday night my aunt and cousin came up for the night to spend some time with us. My parents live next door so we see them almost daily. Saturday, one of our neices came to spend the night and Benji's parents, sister and her family, one of his brothers, and his cousin and his family came up for dinner. The weather was beautiful and as we sat in the yard and watched all the kids running, playing and having a great time, I began to think of how lucky we are to have the family that we have. The past few years Benji and I have been so work oriented that we have not let ourselves just sit back and enjoy life as we should. It was so wonderful to sit in the yard and watch all the cousins running playing and having a good time with each other. We are so blessed to have family that love our boys. We are ever so thankful that our boys will grow up with such an awesome support system. Our boys love their family. They are getting so close to their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

There is nothing in life more important than family. I have to admit that I have for a few years put work ahead of family time. I have missed out on so much. There were so many get-togethers and holidays that we had to miss because of work. I am ever so thankful today that our lives are now at a point to sit back and enjoy our families a little more, because at the end of the day...family is what matters.

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

I really needed that reminder! Thank you! I am determined to visit my parents this weekend with Landon rather than grade papers!

Ashley said...

Love this blog! I am so thankful for your sweet little family!! Enjoy every single minute...it just gets better and better! :) Love you tons!