Friday, March 25, 2011

I am a proud mama!

I know that often Russian adoptions get a bad rep. But ours has been almost a fairy tale. Our adoption process was much slower than most and we experienced more "glitches" than usual. In the process it was very frustrating, however, I know that the Lord allowed those "glitches" because he had these boys just for us. Had things not stalled our process then our boys wouldn't have been in the system sooner. The Lord prepared these two precious boys to become our sons and he led us to them and gave us all that we needed to get them home.



I am so proud of how well they have done and are doing. Each and every day they amaze me. D is picking up English so fast that it blows my mind....even things that he shouldn't be picking up on. My daddy has taought him to say "shake your booty" and he says it all the time. It is so darn cute that I just can't tell him to stop. He is singing most of his nursery rhymes. The other day I heard him daying "Oh my goodess" over and over. Yes....I say that phrase a little too much. Each day he uses Russian less and less. D is doing incredible with his manners. He is gotten ssoooo much better with his little brother. He is not in constant competition with him everyday. He shares with brother really good and I even heard him telling his little brother "I love you" the other day....can you say melt a mama's heart?
N is a sweetie. He loves to hug and smooch. He keeps us laughing. The boy loves him some music. Anytime he hears music, he immediately stops what he is doing and starts moving his little hands. It is so cute! He is my clumsy one. He got his first busted lip the other day. Poor little guy looked like a duck for the afternoon, his little top lip was so swollen. He is tough as nails though.

We went out to dinner last night and two seperate couples complimented the boys on how well behaved that they are. I must say that we are blessed and I am one proud mama!!

I have been horrible at downloading pictures. Here are a couple that I took with my cell phone.




2 comments:

The Pressley Family said...

They are so stinkin' cute!:)

Angie said...

Loooove the pictures!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/