Monday, March 14, 2011

We've already come a long way

We are two days over our one month Gotcha Day anniversary. Time has flown by. The boys are doing fantastic. I was rocking each one to sleep yesterday for nap and was ever so thankful for all the progress that has been made...and it wasn't bad from the beginning. N has always allowed us to snuggle him and rock him to sleep. D would not allow us to rock him to sleep. If we tried he would cry. He wanted to be in his bed and be left alone to go to sleep. Now, and for about 1-2 weeks, he has sat quietly in his bed and waited patiently for whoever is doing bed/nap time to get N to sleep. Once N rocked to sleep and in his bed, D comes to us and wants to be rocked to sleep. I was a little afraid that I he would never allow us to rock him, now he insists that he get rocked...praise God! They are getting so good about Benji and I leaving. At first they would panic if one of us walked out the door to take the trash out. They are a little more at ease with us leaving now.

Last week was their first doctor's appointment. They each had to get several shots. They were such troopers. I was so proud of them. I think that it hurt Benji and I to watch them get their shots more than it hurt them (they may argue this point). We also had to do some blood work, which was worse than the shots. It was horrible to have to hold my sons while they took blood. D would look at me with a panicked look like "mama get me out of this". It was heart crushing, but they really are such troopers. I was one proud mama!

I got my first "I druv you" aka "I love you" that was unprompted from D the other day. My heart melted! He says it when we say it to him but I really think he thinks it is a game to him. He has a stuffed dog that says all kinds of things, one of which is "I love you". I saw him playing with the dog and when it said "I love you", he would hug the dog and say "I druv you". Then he mashed the button on the dog, turned around looked and me, crawled in my lap, put his arms around my neck and said "I druv you". I was putty in his hands in that moment:)

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

For some reason your blog didn't update on my list. Thankfully I felt like checking it :) Sounds like you are all doing awesome! You are making such great strides. Looking forward to seeing pics of your handsome boys :)