Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We are home (and have been for a week..I'm just a blogging slacker:)

I know I have been a very bad blogger. I don't have internet at home so it has been a little harder to blog. I have a weeks worth catching up to do.
Our trip home was pretty good. The boys did great with the flights considering. They were a little cranky at times....but so were we. Spending an entire day traveling is no fun for anyone. When we landed in the US, we had to go through all sorts of stuff to get to baggage claim. The boys were melting down fast. Then on our way up to baggage claim, we got off an escalator to some of the best faces ever!! Our families were there waiting for us. It was one of the best sights ever! I thought the boys wouldreally meltdown with everyone hugging and kissing on them, but they went to everyone and loved on everyone like they already knew them. They did fantastic. It was like they knew that was their family. To see all of our family who took time out of their busy schedules to meet us at the airport meant the world to us.
Once we got home we had blue ribbons on the mailbox and a big sign on the front porch to welcome us home (thank you so much Renee and Jewel). Then when we walked in the door we had another huge sign in our living room and my fridge and pantry was stocked....really stocked! (Renee S and Laura...I can't tell you what that meant to us and how helpful it has been!) The boys were fast asleep from the car ride home. We were a little worried about putting them in their beds and them waking up in a strange place the next morning. But D woke up as we werer putting his P.J's on and when he saw his room (we have been showing him pics of it) he lit up like he knew that was his room. He grabbed his stuffed dog that was waiting on him on his dresser, crawled in his bed like he owned it and went fast to sleep.
The transition home has been nothing short of amazing. I really worried about that part of this experience, but the boys have not seemed to miss a beat. Here we are a week into being home and aside from a few minor meltdowns (nothing out of the ordinary for a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old) they have just simply done amazing. We have taken them to a couple family functions and they have done great. D does great with family (we have been showing him pictures of family members for a while now) but he is very reserved with strangers. N just loves people. He is such a ladies man that it is ridiculous. I am going to have to watch him with the ladies:)
The first couple days at home were a little rough. I hate to even say that. We just had a few meltdowns. Each day has gotten better and better.
Benji and I have prayed since we met our precious boys back in October that the Lord beging to prepare their hearts for us. We have sat down together and prayed every single day since we met them that the Lord help us in the transition period and help the boys adjust with ease. He has indeed answered those prayers. I know that there are times in everyone's life to where you may wonder "Where are you God?" and "Why are we going through this?" I just want to encourage you to sit back and lay all your trust and faith in him. Benji and I have wanted a family for going on 7 years now. I have questioned him over and over again. But once I decided to be still and really listen..he answered all my prayers and then some. He allows us to go through things at times not to harms us, but rather to mold us into what he needs us to be and where he needs us to be.

"For this child I have prayed" 1 Samuel 1:27...or rather in our case "For these children we have prayed".
This was moments after their feet hit US soil and they officially became American citizens. My cup runneth over!!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

So glad you are all adjusting well! The first couple months for us were awesome but also very difficult! The boys are so handsome!

Kimberly said...

I found your blog not too long ago and I have been a reader ever since!

Congratulations on becoming parents to two absolutely adorable little boys!! Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness, health and love.

sonflowerjax said...

Once again, happy tears! SO SO happy to hear how well they are doing! And, you are SO right- praying for them each step of the way makes all the difference in the world!!!