Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 27

Our last day has arrived. Tomorrow our boys will officially become American citizens. The minute their little feet hit US soil, they will be citizens of the United States of America. Tomorrow is a day that we have waited on for quite sometime. We have been very blessed by our time here in Russia. There are many lessons and memories that I will caarry with me for the rest of my life. As much as we have enjoyed our experience here that are several things that I can't wait to get home to:

- Our families who mean the world to us

- Water that you can drink straight out of the faucet. We rely on bottled water here. The maids bring us two bottles every day but we still have to go out and buy more. N has discovered where the water is on the maid's cart and everytime he sees the cart he goes running and snatches us a bottle. For this he doesn't get repremanded but rather praised. I hope I am not raising a cleptomaniac. So our 1 year old is helping keep us well hydrated.

- Room for the boys to run and be free. I am so ready for them to have a little freedom.

- Good old southern food....and Mexican.

- A car to get where I need to go.

- Being able to go out without having to spend 15 minutes just dressing each boy for the cold. I am tired of their ski suits:)

- A washing machine and dryer...I am a little over crunchy clothes. I am ever thankful for a dryer after 4 weeks without one.



Things that I am really going to miss:

- The time that we have had to spend together. The family time that we have been able to get here has been amazing.

- Maid service everyday...that is a fabulous commodity.

- Icecream. Russia has the best icecream ever!

- Free breakfast buffet every morning...and I don't have to clean up:)



I will be ever thankful for this country in that they allowed us to bring these boys into our home and call them our sons. This country has given us the best gift we could ever ask for!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

For some reason I missed this post! Hopefully you are home safe and sound and adjusting to life as a family of 4! Thinking about you guys and hoping you are all doing well.

I enjoyed following along on your journey so much!!!