Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 15

Today has been a slightly traumatic day for us. We woke up as usual, had breakfast as usual, lounged around some more as usual. I was sitting in the bed when all of a sudden I felt very sea sick-ish. My body was moving and I wasn't making it do it. It scared me a little because I had no idea what was going on with me. I sat up straight and it seemed to quit. So I thought maybe the way I was sitting I pinched a nerve or something. Seconds later it happened again but way worse. I was scared to death something was really going on with me. Then I heard a constant clinking noise in the hall and I realized the room was shaking...not just me. Benji noticed it about the same time as the light fixtures began to rattle. Bear in mind....we are on the 9th floor of our apartment building. We both jumped up I was yelling what's going on...we have to get out of here. Benji hollered for me to get my coat and shoes on quick...then it all quit. We just endured an earthquake, and the clinking in the hall was the elevator shaft. We had no idea what it was for several hours. We got the heck out of the apartment for a few hours. No one in town seemed to be in a scurry so we figured there was nothing to it. When our facilitators came to get us they asked us if we felt the earthquake. It scared the tee total you know what out of me. They act like it is no big deal so we will have to not worry about it. As usual...we are in the Lord's hands so we need not worry. I can now officially say that I am an earthquake survivor...I'm not a bit dramatic:):)
Nothing seemed to matter once I was with my little guys. They were as sweet as ever, and we had another great day. We had to share the room with anther family from Spain that is adopting. N can tend to be a pill when he has to share the room. He wants everything the other family has and doesn't want to share anything. He gave me a workout today. The little guy has a way of making my heart melt to where I don't know that I could ever be mad at him for more than 10 seconds. D was happy go lucky as usual. He is easy to entertain and strives to please you. He is a little sweetheart!
When it was time to clean up today the boys stalled. This never happens. When they are told to clean up...they do it. They have never had to be asked more than once. Today the caretakers had to tell them 3 time. D was clearly stalling. Then usually, they give us hugs and let us smooch on them to tell them good-bye and they head down the hall to their rooms. Today, they kept turning around waving good-bye all the way down the hall. They watched us until they had to turn a corner and couldn't see us anymore. It is so sad, but I know those days are soon coming to an end...just one more of them to be exact!

2 comments:

Masha said...

I look forward to reading your blog every morning and wish you all well. Can't wait to see the first family of 4 photo! :) Hopefully no more earthquakes either lol

sonflowerjax said...

WOOHOO!!! Only one more day!!