Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 8

We had another great day with the boys. D's personality is really coming out. He loves to play with his daddy. He is going to have the best time when he gets home and can wrestle with his daddy. He laughs....a lot. His laugh melts my heart. At one point today he was playing with a toy piano (he loves music and toys that play songs) and he yelled from across the room "Musica mama!"....yep, I was putty in his hands. He has come a long way since we saw him in Oct. I was very worried that he would be hard to reach...he seemed like such a sad little boy then. There was a point to where I thought that it could be months before I ever heard him laugh. I am happy that my little boy is already opening up to us so much.

N is my stubborn little booger. We have come to the conclusion that our hands are going to be full with our little guy. He is cute as a button but bad to the bone:) He is Mr. Independent, yet is is very snuggly and loves to hug. Only eight more days and we can post pictures of the boys!!



On our way back this evening we passed the ice sculptures/slides again. We stopped for barely a second and I was able to snap a quick picture of them at night....beautiful does not even describe it! This picture is just on of several dozen isce sculptures and ice slides, they all light up at night. In case it isn't obvious...it is cold here! It is 7 degrees outside right now. To some that would be a nightmare....but I am loving it. The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent me to Siberia!!

We found this icecream in the market today...Yummy! It is melon icecream, not a sorbet. It tastes just like cantelope. It's a little different but oh so good!

4 comments:

Masha said...

So happy to hear how great things are going for you. Hope the FOUR of you have a safe trip home. :)

Jeanette said...

It is so nice that you get to see the boys so much before gotcha day. I'm sure it will pay off greatly! How old are the boys?

Hannah said...

The ice cream looks yummy! Couldn't find bubblegum ice cream?! LOL!

Glad the boys are doing so well. Sounds like it will be an easy adjustment for you all :)

LFalcon said...

I think my husband and I adopted two from the same baby home in Dec. 2009. I would love to email with you with some advice that I wish that I had had.