Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 20

Today marks our last day in Kras. We head to Moscow bright and early in the morning. Well...early but not so bright. We have to leave here at 4:30 am...not looking forward to getting the boys (who sleep very peacefully until 8:00-8:30 ish) up that early to put them on a plane for the first time. My parents are meeting us in Moscow so we are looking so forward to seeing some familiar faces.
We have had a great day. D has had a few of his "moments". We notice that they are only in the morning and early afternoon. So come late afternoon and early evening he is perfectly fine. Bedtime, naptime and wake up times are a little hard for him. He gets very sad during those times, but it is ususally very short lived. Benji had to go pick up their passports tonight so I was on my own for a bit. D loves to have his picture taken... and no matter what when he sees a camera he turns on the charm. We have been working hard on him being able to communicate his feelings to us so we worked on "happy" faces and "sad" faces. I took pictures of him doing both and we would show him the pictures and when he saw himself with a smile he says "hoppy" and when he sees his frowny faces pictures he says "sod". I was hoping this would help him to communicate to us when he is sad. However, my genius plan backfired. Now when he wants something and can't have it....we get the very exxaggerated "sod" face. It is really funny but we have created a monster I think. Here are his "hoppy" and "sod" faces:



D has a serious accent..which personally, I adore. He honestly sounds like he is from Brooklyn. He is really starting to say a lot ofthings in English now and picking up on it pretty well. I am very proud of him.
N is as happy as they come. He wakes up with a smile and has a smile pretty much constantly from there on throughout the day...unless he is hungry. He has learned the art of smooching now and wants to kiss us all the time. He doesn't quite get the pucker and smack part so what what you get is a slobbery open mouth with a "click" with his tongue. It is the sweetest. He is very silly and into everything. He has a way of escaping trouble with his big ole' smile and mischevious laugh...we are going to have to work on that.
This picture was much to precious not to post.

That is all I have for now. I do hope to be able to continue to blog once we are in Moscow but we don't have internet in the room there so forgive me if I am a little behind:)


4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm hanging on every word!!! D's faces are too cute! I'm sure he is feeling a great loss, but he will soon realize how much he is loved! Love the last pic!!!!

Lanawriteslove said...

awww I can't wait to meet them ;)

sonflowerjax said...

Such cute pictures! I thought Landon started to have an accent too- "Wher da ca" - like they would say in NY- I blamed it on being the first US city we landed in. ;) Love reading your updates, and I'm so excited to see some grandparent pics! How wonderful that they are joining you for a leg of the trip!

Hannah said...

Such cute cheeks!!!!