Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 18

I still sit here in awe of how wonderful this transition has been for the boys. They have truly not seemed to miss a beat. We were fully prepared for a rough few days and a lot of work to get them to know that we are Mama and Daddy and we are going to provide. This has not been the case at all thus far. It is like they have been with us forever. D has a serious attachment to his daddy. In Russia they call their dad's Papa rather than daddy so I figured it would take weeks to get that changed. Not so, he is already calling for his Da-eee quite often. If Benji leaves a room for even a minute D is calling for his Da-ee. We walked to the store earlier and Benji had his hands full with the groceries so D had to hold my hand rather than his daddy's . He made sure that Benji stayd within eyeshot of him at all times. It is really kind of sweet but does worry me how he is going to handle Benji going back to work. N is a affectionate as always, and D has opened up to us so much. We get smooches very often.
I must say by the end of the night last night, I was exhausted and ready to crash. But then as soon as they were asleep...I was ready for them to be up already. I could have watched them sleep all night. They went to bed without any more hesitation than a normal 1 year old and 3 year old. When I woke up this morning they were still sleeping so peacefully, I had to resist all urges to wake them up, but I was so ready for them to be awake again.
As I sit here in the very moment watching all 3 of my boys (yes daddy is snoozing too) taking their naps, I am ever reminded of Jeremiah 29:11. It is in the title of my blog and means more to me this very day than it ever has!

I thought I'd add a couple more pics today. This is an ice slide outside our apartment. The boys (and by boys I mean all 3) loved it! We had the best time. Hopefully as soon as the boys wake up we are going to head to the ice slides down neat the river that we saw at the beginning of our trip. So hopefully I will have those fun pics to share soon!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

They are so cute all bundled up!! So glad that everything has been so smooth. God never ceases to show His wonder and majesty. Continuing to lift you all up in prayers :)

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

The boys are awesome. Congrats Mom and Dad :)

sonflowerjax said...

What a beautiful picture of love!