Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 26

As I sit here and type Day 26, I am amazed. I very vividly remeber pretty much arguing with God telling him that yes I felt like he was calling us to Russia, but that was a journey that we just couldn't make. I remeber telling him we couldn't afford it, that we couldn't get away from work for that long, and that, and that Benji and I were just simply not "travelers" so there was just no way that we could be this far away from home for this long. Benji and I are both extreme home bodies so we just couldn't do it. I appreciated the confidence he had in me...but no thanks. Then I felt like he just kept speaking to me and saying "You have to trust me". Did I hear his actual voice calling me from heaven? No...but he was most definately speaking to my heart. I remeber many of nights laying in bed constantly feeling him saying to me "Take the leap of faith and I will take care of the rest". Finally we submitted to his calling and put our faith and trust in him (as we should have from day 1). All of my excuses for not being able to get here have been covered and he has remained faithful to his promise to us. Here we sit thousands of miles away from home with two precious sons that are doing fabulously. He has kept every promise that he made to me and even exceeded all my dreams. In the car ride to the orphanage to pick the boys up there was a beautiful rainbow. It was one of the most amazing things ever. I feel like it was the Lord telling me "see I told you so:)" For anyone out there who may argue that the Lord is not faithful here is our proof otherwise:

Not only have I been blessed with 2 of the most precious boys ever...their daddy is pretty spectacular too! He has been so wonderful with them and he loves these boys so much. I think that this whole process has been a little surreal to Benji up to this point but his daddy skills have kicked in and he is amazing. I can honestly say that if we were counting he has wiped more behinds and changed more dirty diapers that me at this point. He just steps right in and does his daddy duties!

Tomorrow is our last day here. This has been a journey of a lifetime. One that Benji and I could have never ever done on our own. We were carried through this entire journey, and the last leg the Lord sent me an little extra gift in allowing my parents to be here with us. Blessed doesn't even cover how I am feeling right now!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Beautiful post! And your sons are simply beautiful too!!!

sonflowerjax said...

How blessed!! :) Enjoy your last day over there! How fast it all goes!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! As Russians would have said the same - in Russian - "Pozdravlyaem!" So happy for you, your husband and your beautiful sons... Have a safe trip home!