Saturday, February 12, 2011

This is the day that the Lord hath made!

Word cannot even begin to express this day and what it means to us. Here are our precious boys: Our cups runneth over!

We had several stops to make this morning before we were able to get the boys. A lot more legal things and we were able to get their Russian birth certificates. As we sat in the car waiting to go pick up our boys...I was reflecting a bit on this journey. I looked at Benji and said "Do you realize all that the devil has done to try to prevent us from this very day? A week before traveling he gave us a possible cancer scare, three days before coming there was a suicide bomber at the airport we were supposed to be going to, along with that comes terrorist threats, while here he sent an earthquake." This is not to mention all the small monkey wrenches he has thrown in along the way. He has done everything in his power to stop us from being here...yet our God has proven victorious! We stand here at this very moment looking over our precious, precious sons while they are napping (ok..so one is napping the other has fought it hard but so long as he is quiet I don't care), and we are so in awe of the Lord and all that he has done to bring these boys into our family.
On the small scope of life, today has the potential to be a horrible day for our boys. We know in the larger scope of life it is a wonderful day for them. However, today their lives got flipped upside down. Everything that they know and have known is gone. Everything that they once found security in is no longer. Yet thus far, they have not missed a beat. They have even shined since we have been back at our apartment. D didn't get lunch before leaving the orphanage today so I was giving him his lunch and he began to even feed Benji and I. This is huge in the adoption world. He is yet to hug us (he leans in and lets us hug him, but he has not yet hugged us), however not 10 minutes after we got to the apartment Benji was blessed with a very unprovoked hug from our little boy. He has also gotten a kiss...and is braggin constantly about it.
We are not so niave to think that life will be this perfect everyday. However, we are just in amazement at how smooth the transition has been for them. Our cups truly runeth over!

20 comments:

Hannah said...

What a beautiful family!! Congratulations to all four of you! God is so good :)

Jeanette said...

Oh my, they are gorgeous! I can't tell who is who though :) They look so close in age.

So happy for you all! Enjoy the ride!

Britt said...

Shanon and Benji- not sure if you know me or not, but I just wanted to let you know I am so happy for each of you. The joy on your faces shows the love you have for these babies! Welcome to parenthood! I always love how God lets the children who are adopted look like their parents... Shanon- I think they look like you!

Britt Mattison McKinney

ruthie said...

that is so sweet. i cant help but to cry with everyone. i cant hardly see the keys to type. i really am excited for yall. have a great day. they will soon have hugs and kisses for u guys all day!!!love u

Michelle said...

CONGRATS!!! I have been waiting over a year to "start" my adoption. I hear you when you say that the devil tries everything to stop it but the Lord just pushes you right through!! Two days ago I signed with my agency and it's FINALLY happening!! So funny--even my word verification to leave this comment is "rusia!!!" HA!

I'm not sure if you are aware of this regional databank link for Kras... but here is the link..don't know if you got all these pics of your boys...

http://deti.krao.ru/cd-full.php?id=5811

ruthie said...

congratulation!!i can't help but to cry with everyone. you will be great parents and they will soon have hugs and kisses for you both a thousand times a day. it will take them all but a minute to realize they are safe and loved with you and benji.we love you and have a great party.i wish me and arabella were there with you. they are perfect for you guys.

ruthie said...

i din't know it got my first comment. sorry you know me with computers and arabella is here with me and kicking my hands every 22 seconds. she is just talking and so excited too.

Riki Remsen said...

Oh My! They are so precious! I have been reading the blog (and crying) and praying every day that things will go as smoothly as possible. I am so happy for y'all!! God is good!

Masha said...

So happy for you all! They are adorable. Have a safe trip home.

swoods said...

whether you believe it or not I am at a lost for words. Congratulations.

ABG said...

Congrats! They are too cute! and you guys look so natural. drink from the saucer <3

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Ya'll are a beautiful family!

Melissa said...

Congrats! I've been following your blog for awhile now and am so excited for you! My husband and I are just about to start our journey and it's so great to see happy endings!!! They are beautiful!

Court said...

Yeah, God is good!

sonflowerjax said...

What a beautiful family!!! So amazing! Continued prayers that the boys will have a smooth adjustment!

Joel and Clarion said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Gotcha day is truly a wonderful, memorable day. Enjoy!

Ashley said...

Officially my favorite blog post ever. So incredibly happy for y'all!! This picture is being printed and framed for my house. :) You look so perfect together...and those boys are so blessed to have you and Benji as their Mama and Daddy. I cannot wait to watch them grow up. (but not too fast!) Love you!

Unknown said...

You look like you belong together . I'm so happy for you !

Amy

Heather Brandt said...

Your boys are beautiful! I look forward to seeing them change even more in future photos. I know Colin blossomed and looked more and more happy in photos as he settled into family life :)

Heather

The Bullingtons said...

So beautiful!! So happy for your family! Leslie