Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 12

After two incredibly long days...we got to see our precious boys again. They let us take them both outside today and we had a blast. They bundle them up so much here that it is almost insane. Poor N could barely walk and when he would fall there was not way he could get up on his own. D had a blast outside. He was all over the place. He loves to be outside. N wasn't having quite as good of a time but he had just woken up from his nap and like I said..he couldn't move in his ski suit. He was content so long as I was holding him. D and his daddy played all over the playgound and had a good game of kick ball going until Benji broke the ball.
At one point several of the other children in the orphanage came out to go for their afternoon walk. It was such a humbling experience to see all of those little faces...all who so desperately need good loving families. Let me tell you...if I could load them all up and bring them home I think we both would have today. They were all so precious and it just made us so sad to see them all. They were all in very good spirits. The orphanage workers really do love them and they are all very well cared for. They don't often see men so they were all quite taken by Benji. He tried to shake some of their hands when they didn't understand him, D stepped in and shook his daddy's hand to show all of them what to do. At that point they all wanted to shake Benji's hand....it was really a precious moment. Seeing all those children just re-affirmed in me that we are doing exactly what they Lord called us to do....not that I was doubting it at all. I just really felt in my spirit that the Lord was telling me today "See...I told you to trust me!".
The boys have done so wonderfully with us that we have just been amazed. They are our sons and it feels like it is clear to all four of us.

This is how my son cleaned up today. Here are his "machinas" (cars) all lined up perfectly. Did the Lord serously not hand pick this child for me??



2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Precious! I had a meltdown this past Sunday about that very same thing. We haven't even been home a full two months, and I want to go bring another child home! I mean, that will have to wait a little while, obviously, but there are so many children who would just do so SO well if they just had someone to hold them each day and that would never leave. Sigh...one at a time (2 in your case, lol!)
So excited you can almost post pictures! Can't wait to see their handsome faces!

ABG said...

This made me cry <3