Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 23

I just realized how short my last posted sounded. Was it obvious I was very tired? I will apologize for the lack of pictures but we left our camera charger in Kras and are just now able to find a battery for our camera. That battery has to last the rest of the week so we haven't taken as many pictures.
We had another great day. Our appointment at the Embassy was this afternoon. The boys did fantastic. On the way back they both passed out in the car. D has not even had a meltdown today. He has been very happy today....so long as he is with one of us. If I get out of his sight you will hear "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mama, Mama" until he hears my voice. He has really began to let me in the past couple of days where as up to this point he has really preferred to have nothing to do with me. In Kras, he would cry if we put him in the bed with us. He wanted to be in his own bed. Now he is completely fine in the bed with us. Tonight we were laying down with him and I often try to hold or rub his hand. Most of the time he allows me to but doesn't usually hold my hand in return. Tonight, I was holding and rubbing his hand and I stopped for a second. He reached down and grabbed my hand and held it on his own. He is a very sweet little boy. He takes to men very well. He has really taken a liking to his Pops. He is getting to where he likes to be silly. He just feels so much more relaxed than he once was.
N is my little ladies man. The boy likes to flirt. He is a very easy child. He isn't talking very much but he mimicks everything that you do. It is hysterical because he is very animated with his mocking. He has really gotten close to his Grammie. He will go to her in a heartbeat.
Tomorrow we plan on doing some sight seeing. Russia has a very rich history. One that I honestly never cared about but now I want to know as much as possible so that the boys will have a little better understanding of where they were born. But for now...I am hitting the hay because I am pooped. With two toddlers, I don't know if I am coming or going...but I know I am loving every second of it!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love that D took your hand!!!! So sweet :) Looking forward to more pictures :)

Renee said...

Loved hearing about D taking your hand. That is precious. I know you are enjoying every tired moment to the max. I am enjoying reading about it all. Love you and miss you guys. Count down has begun.