Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 11 (a little late)

Sorry for the lack of a blog post yesterday. It was Sunday and we couldn't see the boys so we headed out for a walk. Benji bet me he could beat me down 9 flights of stairs at our apartment giving me a flight of stairs head start. I knew this was impossible because I almost caught him yesterday with him having a 2 flight of stairs head start. None the less...I took his dare and began darting down the stairs. About a flight down I heard the elevator ding....that turkey had jumped in the elevator. Thinking a step ahead I hit the elevator button on the last 3 floors down...hoping that would help me win. I was too late, each time I hit it he was just below that floor...he was at the bottom waiting for me. I should be more careful making bets with him.
We walked down the street to a toy store in town. It was pretty big and very neat. The whole store was almost like a maze. We bought the boys the little sled thingies so that we can take them to the ice slides next weekend.
From there we went to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch and then on to the mall across the street from our apartment. The mall was pretty neat, they had more shoes there then I have ever seen in my life...my heaven:) We then headed back up to the room and watched movies the rest of the evening. Today was the first day that I have been homesick. I must admit...I am getting very ready to be home. I do love it here and am facinated by everything...but I just want to get my boys home to where we can see them every day. It has not been fun not seeing them the past 2 days...we miss them badly. We have tried to stay very busy but now we are just ready to see them again. Luckily, Monday is here now and we will be headed out to see them shortly!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hey Hun. Keeping you in my prayers. Won't be long before your boys will be with you forever. Love you guys. :-)