Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 16: Our last good-bye

Once again the Lord blessed us with a fantastic day. The boys were in great moods and so much fun. We had the room to ourselves, which makes for a better visit. N was full of personality today. He was hilarious. He makes some of the funniest faces ever yet we can't ever seem to catch them on camera. He is obsessed with trying to stick things up everyone else's nose. It is really kinda funny. He was ever so pleasant today, and really took to Benji very well. D was not a happy camper that N was getting Benji's attention. He was quite obviously a little miffed that N has warmed up to Benji so much. I was thrilled to have some time to spend with D, but he wanted his daddy's attention...and all of it. So much that when he do whatever it took to get Benji's attention...even if it was something that he knows he isn't supposed to do. I didn't realize until today just how much D craves his daddy's attention.
We have been noticing for a while now that D tends to hide toys in the room. Today his a tiny drum stick up inside the squeaker of a squeaky toy. We have come to realize that he is doing this only with toys that he really loves and he is doing it so that he can get it later. I am sure this comes from not having any toys to call his own and having to share with all the other children there. I am sure that it is survival of the fittest there and being he is the little guy in his group and very mild tempered, I feel that he is learning to outsmart the others.
They gave us pictures of the boys from when they were first admitted to the orphanage a year and a half ago. We also recieved their little crosses that they recieved when they were baptized in the Russian Orthodox Church. Those are priceless to us. They will certainly be a special gift to give the boys on down the road.
We are so thrilled that this is the last time we have to tell them good-bye. Tomorrow is the day that we have prayed for, for oh so long. I sit back and think of all the things that the Lord has carried us through to get here. He has made good on all his promises and has blessed us far beyond anything that we ever deserve. The Lord never promised that the road would be easy, and we never expected it to be. I think back on when we took the first steps in our adoption journey. I remeber clearly feeling him saying "Take the leap of faith and I will provide". He has provided!!! We have been so very blessed to have amazing support from our family and friends and their love and prayers have gotten us to this very point. Tomorrow it all becomes official, the court decree will be in effect and we will be a family of four!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have tears reading this :) So happy for you and can't wait to see their sweet faces!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog everyday! This one gave me chill bumps and brought tears to my eyes!!! I am so happy for y'all!!!

swoods said...

I am so happy and proud of ya'll for giving two children the family they deserve they couldnt ask for better parents and an uncle Stacy.

sonflowerjax said...

I too, am in tears! :) Yes, He has already provided- a saying my dad reminded me of every step of our adoption process! And, the toy thing- isn't it so sad to think about why they hoard things? Landon did that too, and still hides things at times, but it is so nice to see him finally letting go and realizing he gets to keep his things! I can't wait to see pictures!! :)