Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm too blessed to be stressed

So we are still in limbo over the home study situation. We have one more chance and that is only if another company will agree to take over our case. I'll call that company tomorrow and hope for the best. However, given this week's craziness, I just do not feel bad about our situation. On Monday, my aunt found out she had a hemmorage in her eye. Tuesday, my mom's friend had to bury her mother. Wednesday, one of mama's 3 yr old patients died and mama's best friend (the one that buried her mother on Tuesday) found out that she had terminal cancer, then one of my very near and dear friend found out some very discouraging things about her teenage son. Thursday, my aunt had to have eye surgery to take care of the hemmorage. Now all this is what I call real problems....not my little adoption set back. All I'm looking at is losing money and a few weeks time. I'm not burying a child, having to deal with a loved one with a terminal illness, having to undergo surgery, I'm not homeless, I'm not lonely. I have a wonderful husband, a super duper family, some pretty amazing friends, a roof over my head, food in fridge, and clothes on my back. I have three jobs in a market where others are losing their jobs daily. All I can say is, I'm on heck of a blessed person. And even if this home study problem does not work out, I still serve an amazing God who has blessed me far beyond anything that I ever deserve. If God called me home tonight, I will go lacking nothing. I am just too blessed to grumble over a set back, when there are so many others out there with "real problems". As the song goes..."this isn't a stumbling block, it's just a stepping stone".