Monday, February 23, 2009

A major frustration/possible set back.

I recieved an email today from our adoption agency. She said she was processing our paperwork today and that our coordinater would be in touch soon. Yay! Exciting! Then she asks about our homestudy and who we were using because they just recieved a list last week of home study agencies that Russia is refusing to work with. Guess who's agency is on that list? Yep...ours! We have already completed all the paperwork and vistits, with the exception of my interview...which is scheduled for Wednesday (2 days away). Needless to say, our home study agency has already been paid...non-refundable (as it shouldn't be, they have already done their job). I realize that this journey is going to have it's ups and downs and I'm okay with that. I'm not happy about loosing a month's worth of work on the homestudy, tons of time time getting paperwork together and interviewing with the social worker, but I can deal with this. What I can't deal with is a total loss of $1300. I'm am beyond frustrated right now. The adoption agency is checking into this now and she is supposed to call us back before lunch tomorrow, but it sounds like there's not much that they can do. I have not for one second ever doubted that God was in this adoption, and I don't now either. We just really need him to show how much that he is in it right now in helping us get through this speed bump (even though it feels like a mountain). God can and will help us through this. This was a leap of faith from the very begining and we will hold to our faith that he will either help us get an exception or provide the funds to be able to start a new homestudy.

2 comments:

ErinLindsey said...

i just wanted to let you guys know i love you both and am praying it will work itself out. God promises He will get you through to the other side.

The Pressley Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this news! God has a plan though, and as hard as it is to trust Him sometimes, He is sovereign and always with us. I pray this issue is worked out quickly and the rest of the process goes smoothly!